Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our Boise Trip, My EYES have been opened!

Sierra had a 3 day weekend a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to take a trip to Boise. Since the drive takes 3-4 hours we usually plan to stay a night or two in a hotel. This particular trip we had scheduled eye appointments with our old Optometrist. We haven't been very pleased with any eye doctors in the Pocatello area and feel that our Optometrist in Nampa is about the best in all the Northwest. My vision had changed 4 times the amount that it had been since last seen at that office. One reason could be because I'm currently pregnant, the other reason being, he found 4 small cataracts on my right eye! I freaked out! Doesn't only old people get those, I'm not even 30 years old yet! Positive side to it all is that cataract surgery wouldn't happen for 5-10 years and insurance would have to pay to put a new lens in my eye. Meaning, I would have near perfect vision in that eye and wouldn't have to wear contacts again. Overall, we feel like it was worth the 4 hour drive to not have this eye problem overlooked again. Who knows how long those cataracts have been developing. I feel so blessed for the body my Father in Heaven has blessed me with. It just leaves me thinking how fragile our bodies really are and how easily we can take things for granted.



Robbie and Sierra watching movies


Bridger thinking 4 hours is WAY to long to sit still!


Rob taking more Union calls!


Hotel beds, are they beds or trampolines?


Dinner at McGrath's


Cabelas, a store you could spend hours in!
Sierra checking out the wildlife!
Shopping for fishing poles.





When it came time to leave, Robbie didn't want to go. I'm surprised I didn't find Rob curled up right next to him!

We had a great trip to Boise and always wish we can stay longer. We love that area, but most of all, we love all our friends and family we have up there. We miss you so much!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Bridger...I get restless after a couple of hours in the car...so I feel for you, Buddy!

Next time...hide out in the bathrooms and just camp out in Cabela's!!! How fun would that be. I love that place!!!

(P.S. I wanna know more about working out in interval!!! I need endurance.)

mean said...

Only 4 hours? Try 7 -hehe.

Karen Howell said...

Hotel beds? Next time come stay with us. We've got plenty of room and we'd love the company.

Derek and Laura said...

Hey we missed you! If you ever come again dont feel like you have to stay at a hotel(unless you are like us and love to) but we all have plenty of room for you all! glad you had fun!!