Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Are you Ready?

The other day the weather was 27 degrees with winds blowing between 20-45mph. The clouds were really rolling by and it was for sure a day to be spent inside! While observing the weather and staring out the window, Sierra exclaims, "I know why the clouds are moving so fast, because Jesus might be coming today!" So many thoughts went through my head at that point. Amazing to have her envision the second coming as the clouds rolling back and parting for our Savior, Jesus Christ. Wow, what if He really did come today, would I be ready?!! I couldn't help but think of the primary song If the Savior stood beside me, written by Sally DeFord.

If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do? Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true? Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously, If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say? Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away? Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure? Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure? Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

He is always near me, though I do not see Him there And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be, If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.


I think it's always wise to take time to reevaluate our lives and the direction we are heading in. It's important to keep fine tuning those little things we need to work on. So, I leave with you the thought, would you be ready if the Savior came today?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow. Good post (great question!!!)...and amazing observation/conclusion by your daughter!!! Instead of WWJD bracelets...I want one that says WWIDIJWSRNTM.

(What Would I Do If Jesus Was Standing Right Next To Me)

That might need to be on a necklace instead of a bracelet. :)