Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gym Rats!

Our family has officially become Gym Rats! Gold's Gym is now our second home. With Rob competing in the 12 week challenge this year it's not unusual for him to workout twice a day now. Sierra won a free 6 month membership, so we decided it would be good for the kids to each have their own membership. The youth programs provided are martial arts, dance, gymnastics, basketball, jump roping, and swimming. We figured this opened their eyes to a wide range of activities, letting them choose what they really enjoy doing. While the kids are working out, I'm managing to stay "in shape" by taking GGX classes or working out with Rob. Try as I might, I continue to grow out of shape. Nothing you can do when your 6 1/2 months pregnant. Bridger is not quite old enough for a membership yet, so he enjoys the luxuries of the Kids Klub! They provide fun themed activities, stories, games, and movies for the kiddos. My family actually looks forward to their time spent at the gym. All while teaching the importance of exercise and good health!Our 2nd Home
The pool
Robbie breaking his first board with a Palm Heel Strike

First try, Sierra breaks the board! She's a natural!

Some force, kicked the pad right out of the instructor's hands!

Sierra's Front kick board break

Robbie practicing for a jump kick

Bridger's Kids Klub

3 comments:

Zoey said...

I love it! We just need to get you a swim suit so that you can play in the water with me! BTW, I found our gold's gym friends on facebook - but not before they found me first!!!

Anonymous said...

Why do we feel like we live at Gold's too? Great pictures!

...for all eternity said...

I'm so jealous! My baby crys everytime I take him to the babysitting room at the gym. The babysitting ladies are fed up with him, he's done now everytime for 6 months so I just stopped going. I have good intentions on just doing it at home but do you think I've done a thing yet? Nope!