Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

This was our April Fools day dinner. Very realistic looking if you ask me! With a big thanks to Family Fun.com, Rob and I had quite a few good laughs at dinner tonight. We told the kids we were having homemade fish sicks, ketchup and a different variety of beans. For dessert they could have cupcakes with their choice of pink, blue or yellow frosting. The "fish sticks" were made from wafer cookies, peanut butter and cornflakes. "Ketchup" was seedless strawberry jam and the "beans" were green airhead candy. The "dessert" was actually the meal. I made the cupcakes from meatloaf and the frosting was colored mashed potatoes. Excited that we didn't care if she started with "dessert" for dinner tonight! The jokes on them!
Bridger licking the "frosting" off his fingers. He kept saying the beans were candy as he ate them all up.

Robbie thought it was great to dip his "fish sticks" into the "ketchup"
Sierra when she realized she had been fooled! Before she knew what was going on, she said she doesn't normally like beans but loved how this variety had tasted!
All the kids thought this was a great prank and said we should do this every night for dinner!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That is great! I will have to remember that one!!! :)

Ashley Reno said...

I love this. I am going to have to do it when Brylnee gets older. You guys are always thinking of something fun.

Zoey said...

I love it! I will totally be doing this next year!

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Ang you are truly an amazing mom! I am amazed at all of the wonderful things you come up with! Way to go chica! Love ya

...for all eternity said...

This is so fun! I never even think to do April fools things!

Marianne Barker said...

I love how you celebrate every little holiday and even "not holidays!" Your kids will have such fun memories when they are older. It is so worth your time to do these things now...

ty.haley.t-dog.p.babyg said...

Hey there!!! HILARIOUS! You are a crack up and might I say creative. Good work, jokes on them!