Monday, June 1, 2009

Ang turns 30!

Yikes, it's true I am now 30!
My brother, Chris brought me flowers from his yard. Thanks Jessie for giving him the idea! Very thoughtful!


My old fart kit from my friend Amy Thompson.

My sister, April got really creative with her gift. She gave me a Willow Tree box with a variety of fun activities to do as a family. Then she supplied me with all the materials needed to do the activities. Things such as have a whipped cream pie fight, fly kites, decorate hats and parade outside in them, play baseball, make and decorate cookies etc....
Yes, your eyes are not fooling you this is the famous best friend "Kristin" I speak of! She totally surprised me for my 30th Birthday! Ten hour drive from Denver to Pocatello! I love that her husband, Dan was game for it! In her own words she said...

"Gas from Denver, CO to Pocatello, ID: $35
Food/snacks/drinks: $15
Surprising your best friend on her 30th birthday to show her how much you love her only to have her so surprised she shuts the door in your face: priceless."

Yes, I shut the door in their faces, but it was only out of pure shock and the fact I looked like a total urchin! I was about to get into the shower. One of the greatest gifts and surprises anyone could ever ask for!

Rob cooked 3 briskets, and 3 pork shoulders. 12 hours total cooking time between
cooking and smoking.

The handsome husband

My brother Chris and his girlfriend Jessie

KFC coleslaw recipe

Rudy's creamed corn recipe! A Heart Attack waiting to happen! So delicious, it would have been worth the heart attack and 20 plus pounds gained!

Yes, both pots are full to the rim with creamed corn and homemade BBQ beans. We know how to serve up a real Texas sized BBQ!

Bridger enjoying his BBQ!
I believe this is what everyone's face in attendance looked like as the ate! I'm pretty sure everyone was pretty much at my party for the food!
Robbie and Sierra just getting ready to dig in!
April, Kristin, and Ang

I'm looking so old!

Lots of birthday wishes!
Bestest, bestest, bestest, lingering friends(infinity) for 18 years and still going!Thanks Dan for your commentary! I laughed so hard I about went into labor!

Bria and Sierra

Robbie really bonded with Dan during a ice cream eating contest at Craigos. I think they ate at least 3 cones each and both probably ended up with brain freeze, but will be buddies from here on out! Robbie says he misses "The Boy"!
We all really miss the Eaquintos! Thanks for making my 30th so special and rememberable!

4 comments:

Derek and Laura said...

happy birthday ang! looks like you had a good time!

ty.haley.t-dog.p.babyg said...

happy birthday girlie! wow, you do look older! haha so you don't look older, you do however look a little more pregnant, how much longer? your party looked totally fun! we so need to get together and catch up! we will be up the last week of june...

Zoey said...

Your welcome! I still am looking for that perfect present!

Rilieanne said...

I'm a little late in wishing you a "Happy Birthday" lady! You guys sure know how to partay - the pictures and descriptions of the food had my mouth watering. I'm so happy for you that you had your fantastic friend their to celebrate with.