Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Giving Heart

Our kids were given a trash bag and asked to go through there toys and donate items to give to the DI. Normally they fuss and moan about this task, but this time they really took it seriously. On other occasions when I inspect the bag to see what they have decided to donate, I usually find broken parts of toys, dollar store items, and books with torn pages. This particular time they really wanted to give from there heart, for the most part.
This book was chosen cause the "kids" don't know about Jesus yet. Every member a missionary, even if they are only in Primary.

These dance costumes were chosen because I was told, "they are just too itchy!"

My special personalized blanket given to me by my sister, was going to be donated so that the "kids" won't get cold.
How sweet and tender hearted children can be! On a side note, we replaced all the above items with a Book of Mormon, clothes the kids have outgrown, a coat, and a few blankets that weren't so sentimental.

1 comment:

Zoey said...

Doesn't it feel good to get rid of the old and bless someone with it? Love ya!