Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Super Saturday Enrichment Project

Here's the 6ft. garland I made and have been stressing out about over the past week. The final count for the Enrichment activity is 20.
Who would have thought you couldn't purchase nuts in their shell this time of year. None of our local stores in this great city of Pocatello will carry them until the middle of November. They are a seasonal item. There are so many people to thank for helping me in completing this project. My good husband for dealing with me in my days of stress. Eloyd Harris for pausing his football game to ultimately get me the nuts needed for this project. My mother-in-law for being my personal On Star and GPS, and our wonderful neighbors the Waddupps for watching my kids while I used there drill press to drill every stick, and nut. Not to mention they also feed us dinner and helped cut every stick for this project. We have some amazing friends and family. Thanks again!
Made from various nuts, sticks, pine cones, bean pods, cinnamon sticks, raffia and fabric.

Total cost per 6ft garland is a whopping $2.50

I love how it turned out. I may make enough of them to use as garland for our Christmas tree. If not I'll just use a couple to decorate our front door with.

3 comments:

Rilieanne said...

Oh, I want one - I love it! Too bad I'm not in your ward, or at least live in your area so you could help me make one.

The Bown's said...

What the heck, where mine and Haley's name as the co-founder of the idea for the garland. Taking some one's idea and making it your own, is something I would do. I never thought you were that low.

ty.haley.t-dog.p.babyg said...

seriously what the heck...where are my founder thanks? but don't worry i will probably forgive ya by the next time i see you. your garland is very cute but kind of a pain in the butt to make huh? especially for an enrichment, you are brave to take that one on. by the way, we are coming to poky the first week of Jan, i will call you and visit. that is if i have forgiven you yet.